|JOB TITLE:||Tire Technician|
|REVISED DATE:||April 26, 2017|
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
The Tire Technician works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager or Lead Engineer, and is responsible for the dismounting, mounting, repairing and balancing of tires on both fleet and test vehicles ranging from passenger car to class 8 truck and military. These duties are often performed in a shop but in many instances these duties will be done in the field.
- Properly secure vehicle on lift or jack and jack-stands to ensure safe operation.
- Properly dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on vehicle with proper procedures and torques.
- Properly dismount and remount tires onto wheels without damage.
- Operate and maintain all related equipment and tools as trained.
- Operate independently and as a team member.
- Maintain inventory control of tires and wheels.
- Maintain electronic and paper records and documents.
- Keeps shop and workspace clean and presentable.
- Supports safety and customer periodic audits.
- Supports test technicians and test engineers with tire measurements or other testing related tasks as needed.
- May need to support winter testing at West Yellow Stone, Montana during winter months.
- Provides support to and coordinates assigned activities with technicians, other engineers, and the program manager.
- Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to perform the duties as a test vehicle operator.
- Assists in special projects.
- High school graduate and two years of experience in a related automotive field.
- Able to work 40 hours per week.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Currently possess or be able to obtain and maintain a current Nevada Driver's License and a good driving record.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to manage more than one technical activity at a time
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Experience in mounting, remounting, and balancing tires in a shop environment and out in the field.
- Physically demanding position to include continuous lifting of tires ranging from passenger vehicles to very large military tires.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC.