|JOB TITLE:||Purchasing Clerk|
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Procures and expedites materials and services. Obtains quotes, generates and processes requisitions, and maintains related records.
- Review requisitions before ordering for completeness and accuracy.
- Researches all vendor sources to ensure best prices, availability and service.
- Maintain vendor performance logs.
- Determines freight requirements and requests correct method of shipment from vendors.
- Perform quality control as needed.
- Assigns, tracks, logs, references, faxes and finalizes purchase orders.
- Assists in computer tracking and processing purchase orders.
- Coordinates credit applications with vendors.
- Inventory control of stock items and transfer items.
- Maintain customer and vendor contacts on a regular basis.
- Assist Accounts Payable to resolve billing issues.
- Support requests from Accounts Payable.
- Works with Program Managers and technicians to verify purchasing requirements and timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance with coworkers performing research for purchases, organizing and purchasing items for company sponsored events.
- Assists in special projects.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) years purchasing experience.
- Inventory control experience.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
- Must possess a current Nevada Driver's License.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be computer literate.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be professional and personable and able to relate well with employees at all levels.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- None Listed
- This position is typically performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Individuals with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
At Will Employment:
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC.