|JOB TITLE:||Purchasing Agent|
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
The instrumentation/electronics technician works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and/or Instrumentation Supervisor. Responsible for planning, installing, troubleshooting, and performing quality control checks on instrumentation packages for a variety of vehicle platforms to record accurate, pertinent, and reliable data during test. Supports the package throughout the duration of the test. Performs inspections, bench testing, and repair of sensors, cables, acquisition systems, and other electronic devices. Duties include maintenance and tracking of the assets, calibration records, and all documentation associated with those assets as well as performing on-site calibration, corrective action, and support of ISO 17025. Supports research, trial installations, and validation of new and alternative sensor and data acquisition hardware and technologies.
- Perform office work directly related to the general business operations of the employer.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in performance of primary duties that have the ability to significantly affect the company's purchasing functions.
- Reviews all requisitions before ordering.
- Researches all vendor sources to ensure best prices, availability and service.
- Maintains logs on vendor performance.
- Ensures compliance with requirements for purchasing under government contracts in accordance with FAR.
- Determines freight requirements and requests correct method of shipment from vendors.
- Assigns, tracks, logs, references, faxes and finalizes purchase orders.
- Responsible for computer tracking and processing of purchase orders and purchase order history.
- Processes and maintains credit applications with vendors.
- Purchases stock items.
- Maintains customer and vendor contacts on a regular basis.
- Assists Accounts Payable in resolving billing issues.
- Supports requests from Accounts Payable.
- Works with Program Managers and Technicians to verify purchasing requirements and timelines.
- Maintains and updates Purchasing procedures and policies.
- Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides assistance to coworkers performing research for purchases, organizing and purchasing items for company sponsored events.
- Assists in special projects.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) years purchasing experience.
- Experience negotiating short and long term service contracts.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada Driver's License.
- Must have inventory control experience.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Experience with government procurement contracts.
- This position is typically performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Individuals with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
At Will Employment:
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC.