Automotive Engineer - Junior
|JOB TITLE:||Automotive Engineer - Junior|
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
The Automotive Engineer works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. Conducts engineering design, development and analysis of components, fixtures and instrumentation test elements. Monitors and provides technical reports concerning assigned tasks. Understands the procedures and requirements necessary to accomplish complex engineering, technological and analytical advanced and special projects.
- Researches background data on assignments in order to support testing procedures, test phases, deviations from standard techniques, etc.
- Prepares test plans identifying type of test to be conducted, facilities required, proposed schedule, resource allocation, etc.
- Defines and oversees installation of instrumentation packages.
- Completes field tests to define the performance characteristics of the vehicle taking into consideration the effects and relationships of systems and components.
- Works with mechanics, technicians, equipment operators and other personnel to complete tests on time and on budget.
- Analyzes technical data and clearly communicates results to project managers and/or customers through technical reports, briefings, or other medium.
- Creates, modifies, and reviews CAD 3D models and drawing packages.
- Supports FMEA analysis on failures encountered and suggests modifications and design change to any component.
- Contacts engineering, administrative and executive personnel to discuss and explain engineering and company procedural requirements, give information concerning test or vehicle performance, solve minor conflicts, or secure additional information regarding test.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, diagrams and specifications for new types or changes in existing facilities or equipment.
- Provides support to other engineers and program managers.
- Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
- Assists in preparing, writing, and reviewing technical proposals.
- Attends and represents company at trade and industry shows.
- Assists in special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field; and one (1) year of experience in a related engineering field. Mechanical Engineer preferred.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid NV driver's license.
- Must have fundamental systems level automotive knowledge.
- Must possess strong computer skills; specifically MS Office applications.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Must be able to rapidly learn and apply new measurement techniques and associated data acquisition software.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Experience in a test environment.
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with CAD/CAE software.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
At Will Employment:
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
Individuals with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.