|JOB TITLE:||Cost Accountant|
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Works under the direct supervision of the Controller. Coordinates and reviews cost accounting and financial reporting tasks. Supports Program Managers in the financial management of their programs. Assists in proposal preparation and contract administration. Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Manages cost accounting activities.
- Coordinates the collection of source data, recording, reporting, and tracking of costs in accounting application software database.
- Analyzes cost accounting data for completeness and accuracy.
- Presents cost accounting reports in a format that is easily understood by non-financial staff members.
- Meets with Program Managers to review and help them understand the cost performance of the programs they are managing.
- Maintains easily retrievable historical cost information.
- Assists in the preparation of cost information for proposal preparation.
- Verifies that government and contractual cost principles and reporting requirements are followed.
- Manages the project cost management functions in the accounting application software.
- Sets up and maintains cost allocation pools.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assists in support of external audits by Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), CPAs, and Defense Contract Management Agency.
- Reconciles cost accounting data to general ledger.
- Appropriately applies knowledge of accounting theories, practices, principles and terminology.
- Draws accurate and logical conclusions from accounting data.
- Reviews and documents accounting practices and procedures.
- Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists other accounting staff in the performance of their duties.
- Provides professional level accounting support to management staff.
- Assists in special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field with a minimum of three (3) years full-time proficient level work experience in accounting functions with some cost accounting responsibilities.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada Driver's License.
- Must have experience with accounting application software, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and other MS Office products.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must possess knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Must be able to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Familiarity with Government Contract Administration.
- Knowledge of government contract cost accounting principles.
- Familiarity/experience with Deltek Costpoint.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
At Will Employment:
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
Individuals with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.